VOLVO PENTA TAMD 22 -7
1. RIB’s are notorious for corrosion. All parts are removed for inspection, access and cleaning
2. Blasting is the best method for determining unsound metal and stopping the corrosion from returning
CUSTOM ELECTRIC LONG
1. This was semi commercial situation where we were asked to design and build an electric davit crane to take samples from the seabed.
4. A custom drum was made to take the 200 metres of 6 mm Dyneema rope. Unit was tested and has been successfully in operation for the last 2 years.
ELLING E3 WING ENGINE –
1. The master cabin berth was sat above 2 water tanks of 600 and 830 litres. They were removed to ft a Volvo D1-30 with sail drive as a back up and canal auxiliary.
2. Once the batteries and ﬂoor were removed the rudder and saildrive bed could be measured, aligned and glassed in.
3. With the engine in, work started on ftting tanks which had been cut down and made into two smaller water tanks and one diesel tank. A quality, no compromise solution and an economically advantageous one too.
5. Antifouled and anodes replaced she is launched as soon as possible to check ballasting and waterline for listing.
6. The early launch enables any alterations to be made while interior work is completed, avoiding delays and keeping costs to a minimum.
7. Fuel, exhaust and electrical systems are ftted and custom sound shell is put in place. Water inlet and battery switches are all controlled from the helm with manual back up within easy access.
8. Service batteries are repositioned and the owners bunk is rebuilt with improved access to storage and easy access to the new auxiliary engine.
Converting an obsolete retro ft mainsail furling system back to a conventional slab system required some interesting design due to the signifcant number of holes around a concentrated area.
2. The main brief being to replace the strength but also to cover the unsightly mess with as normal looking ftting as possible.
3. Shaping the thick plate required a pattern to be made and internal plates to pick up the fastenings and give enough strength to pull the plate to a good ft
“Nathan, Scott and the team have helped us yet again. They were happy for me to watch them winterise the engine for me to be certain that, when I did it, I did it correctly. I appreciated their patience. Then Nathan spent time tracking down a fuel leak to the rusting tank. They managed to get the old one out and a custom-built one back in in record time. We were well impressed and extremely grateful” S. King